Sunday, July 29, 2007

Afterparty thoughts: Elly Hoague

WHAT A GREAT PARTY!!

I don't really know who was responsible for all the organization and contacting of various old (and now young) house-members, but I am especially grateful for the call from Belinda and Nora telling me of the reunion.

I was unnecessarily apprehensive about seeing friends with whom I had had so little contact over the past 20 some-odd years. Everyone looks the same or even better (especially Belinda) and seems to be pretty genuinely happy with how they have lived their lives and what they are doing now. It seems that very few Prag members are letting moss grow beneath their feet or allowing themselves to just get old. Everyone seems to be pretty active and healthy and involved. So I think that maybe the Prag did have an impact on everyone ... or maybe we who live/lived there are just self-selecting. Or maybe my impressions are bullshit. Anyway, it was great to get in touch with people, to get a few email addresses, and telephone numbers ..... Thanks. Elly

No comments: