Friday, August 10, 2007

Great Party & Great Friends
By: Petra Baylon

From the "first PRAG Baby," I have to say I very much enjoyed the 35th PRAG event. I was excited to bring my son, Vincenzo, (aka the first PRAG Grandchild) to see the community that is PRAG House.

Even though I did not live in the house past being a toddler I remember going to PRAG for Easter Egg Hunts, Thanksgiving Potlucks, etc as most people do only with their family members. To me PRAG is an extended family that I count myself lucky to be a part of. I am sure that part of the connection for me is that my best-friend as a girl was Cory Rice who joined in the PRAG family shortly after we met. This just added more opportunity for me to be a strong part of the PRAG house community. I want to make sure my son learns the value of these "extended" families that are just as persistent and valuable as his blood related family. Seeing as how Vincenzo slept in the same cradle that Penny built for me in PRAG House, it seems only right to have him calling PRAGites his family and looking forward to events at PRAG House.

I felt bad that Vincenzo, Alen (my husband) and I couldn't stay longer at the party (Vincenzo's bedtime is a little early for partying), but during the time we were there I was so pleased to see all the familiar faces in my extended family of PRAG. Catching up and hearing all the goings-ons was wonderful. I was particularly happy to see my mother (Leslie Noson - formerly Gerth) and my father (David Baylon) laughing and thoroughly enjoying themselves with all their friends from PRAG (some of whom they haven't seen in decades).

I hope everyone had as much fun catching up as I did. I can't wait for PRAG Thanksgiving this year (maybe we will get a few of those familiar faces to join us now that they had so much fun at the anniversary party).

No comments: